Undoubtedly, Yamaha cannot be left out in any conversation about motorcycles. The Yamaha brand is associated with several uses for motorcycles from everyday transportation to performance and sports and fun, the brand is solid.
Established on 1 May 1955; some 66 years ago, the company has risen to become a top global player in the motorcycle industry. Even though they are known for their long-lasting and very functional motorbikes, the Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. is also a reputed maker of boats and outboard motors, generators, water pumps, and other motorized products.
Perhaps you got to know the brand through their red Yamaha AG100 motorbikes just like us or through one of their many models. Yamaha has lasted years in Ghana. The brand is synonymous with quality and some of their models have gained popularity among the Ghanaian people.
In this article, we will look at some of the top Yamaha motorcycle models in Ghana, their specs, and how to buy them right here in Ghana without stress.
We will look at the following models;
- Yamaha C3
- Yamaha Majesty
- Yamaha AG100
- Yamaha M Max
- Yamaha FZ
Top Yamaha Motorcycle Models in Ghana
The first Yamaha motorcycle model was made in 1955 and named the Yamaha YA-1. The bike manufacturing team was led by Genichi Kawakami who is also the founder and then president of the company. The model was so good that it went on to win some races in its class in the 3rd Mount Fuji Ascent Race.
Ever since the brand has continued to make award-winning and top racing models counting more than a hundred models.
The following are some of the featured Yamaha motorcycle models in Ghana (in no particular order).
First of all, the Yamaha C3 is a cute little scooter that works well for both tall and short people. It has nice and comfortable no matter who is sitting on it and it makes for a very simple yet exciting riding experience.
The small C3 was first announced in America and Canada in 2007 as part of their lineup for that year. However, the C3 which is pronounced as “C Cubed” was sold using different names in other countries and regions such as “Vox” in Japan and “Giggle” in Europe.
Some Specifications of the Yamaha C3
- Key Specs:
- Model Code: XF50
- Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 3-valve, fuel-injected, SOHC, single
- Power: 3.8 HP
- Displacement: 49cc
- Bore and Stroke: 38mm x 43.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 12:1
- Fuel System: Mikuni 19mm Fuel Injection
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Automatic (CVT)
- Front/Rear Suspension: Telescopic Fork / Single Shock
- Front / Rear Brakes: Drum / Drum
- Tires: 120/90-10 (front and rear)
- Wheelbase: 1280mm
- Seat Height: 735mm / 29”
- Dry weight: 85kg / 187lbs
- Fuel Tank: 4.5 liters
Buy the Yamaha C3 model on Tonaton.com Now.
Scooter or motorbike? This is a common question when it comes to The Yamaha majesty. Like royalty, the machine is technically a scooter but often thought of as an actual motorbike due to its power, capacity, and size. It can easily take up two adults with more space. It can keep 2 huge helmets and has a fuel capacity enough to take you on a long day trip.
Some Specifications of the
- Engine: 395cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke single; DOHC, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0mm x 73.0mm
- Power: 33.5hp @ 7000 RPM, 26.8 lbs-ft torque @ 6000 RPM
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Fuel: Electronic fuel injection, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital TCI
- Transmission: Centrifugal clutch; double-cog V-belt auto
- Final Drive: V-belt
- Front Suspension: Telescopic fork; 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin shock; 4.0-in travel
- Brakes: 267mm disc (front and rear)
- Front Tire: 120/80-14
- Rear Tire: 150/70-13
- Length: 87.8 in
- Width: 30.7 in
- Height: 54.3 in
- Seat Height: 30.0 in
- Wheelbase: 61.6 in
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal / 14 liters
- Fuel Economy: 60 mpg
- Wet Weight: 467 lbs
- Max Load: 432 lbs
- Fuel Tank: 3.7 Gal / 13L
Buy the Yamaha Majesty model on Tonaton.com Now.
Made as a farm bike, the Yamaha AG100 is also great for other purposes such as humanitarian causes, and rural use. It was made in 1973 to serve as a farm utility vehicle. True to its purpose, many farmers buy it for several purposes given its relatively low cost, trustworthiness, light, and easy maneuverability, and its 5-speed gear transmission with a very low first gear.
Some Specifications of the
- Vehicle Type: Motorcycle
- Fuel: Petrol
- Engine Displacement: 97.00 cc
- Engine Details: Air-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve, single
- Engine Starting: Kick
- Bore x Stroke: 52mm x 45.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 6.6:1
- Engine Lubrication: Separate lubrication
- Fuel System: Carburetor
- Ignition: C.D.I.
- Maximum Power: 8.5 PS @ 6250 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 9.8 NM @ @ 6000 RPM
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed
Buy the Yamaha AG100 model on Tonaton.com Now.
The M Max is one of the bikes in this list that stands out. Even though a scooter, it has some high-tech functionalities that allow you to enjoy your motorbike even without having your keys. With the Smart Key System, you can start your scooter without the presence of the physical key as you can pair your phone with the scooter allowing communication between the two. Such a feature comes in handy when you forget to grab your key but need to get moving. Your phone can always do the trick.
Some features of the Yamaha M Max
- 125cc EURO5 Blue Core engine
- The sporty new body design
- CCU Communication Control Unit
- Smart Key System
- Newly designed frame
- Traction Control System
- Start & Stop
- Underseat storage space
- Larger LCD instruments
- Power socket and front pockets
- Front and rear disc brakes, with ABS
Buy the Yamaha M Max model on Tonaton.com Now.
The FZ has been around for more than a decade. Throughout its existence, the model has been several versions with the current version at 3.
The motorbike looks cool and ranked under the sports bike category. Even though the motorbike was originally launched with more horsepower than the latest version, all of them have seen a considerable amount of bad reviews due to high expectations from the motorbike.
The bike is good for city riding where not much speed is needed. However, it might fail you if you want to go at high speeds as the engine generally struggles. It was probably for this reason that the engine capacity was reduced to meet its performance. However, it quite falls short of its reputation as a sports motorbike.
If you are looking for regular horsepower with the body of a sports bike, then this will be good for you. If yours is the speed, you might be better satisfied with other alternatives.
Some Specifications of the
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Max Power: 12.2 bhp @ 7,250 rpm
- Max Torque: 13.6 Nm @ 5,500 rpm
- Emission Standard: BS-VI
- Displacement: 149 cc
- Ignition: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Spark Plugs: 1 Per Cylinder
- Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
- Transmission Type: Chain Drive
- Clutch: Wet, Multi Disc
- Fuel Delivery System: Fuel Injection
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 liters
Buy the Yamaha FZ model on Tonaton.com Now.
Yamaha is one of the best motorcycle manufacturers in the world. Their products are standard and often very reliable. If you are thinking about getting any of their bikes, you can’t go wrong with Yamaha.
|Motorbikes for Sale in Greater Accra||Motorbikes for Sale in Ashanti|
|Motorbikes for Sale in Western||Motorbikes for Sale in Eastern|