The world is getting smaller and more connected as the days go by. The pandemic has come to fast-track the transition for most people and organisations.
Working from home has become the norm. And more power users are seeking solutions for their changing working situations.
Wouldn’t you agree with me that a solid upgrade of work tools is also a great idea to facilitate this transition? We’ve got you covered if your worry is about what to buy in the tablet market.
We have a round of top Samsung tablets for work. Depending on your preferences, work situation and budget, these suggestions will guide your decision. Let’s get into it.
Top 6 Samsung Tablets For Doing Work in 2020
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is probably the best android tablet in the market right and also the best alternative to the iPad Pro 2020 Edition.
As an Android tablet, and like any other device, it does have its pros and cons which we will get into soon.
In terms of the design, it has rounded edges, a sleek and thin feel making it a modern and futuristic look and feel. The finish is made fingerprint proof with a nice matte coating.
It features a normal set of cameras for both the front and back. No outstanding features with the camera. However, next to the camera is a slot for the S Pen.
Samsung included their Samsung Dex feature in the device which allows you to run the tablet on any TV screen or monitor. It even allows you to have a sort of windows experience while using the Samsung Dex. You can also use the tablet as your touchpad when using a monitor for the Dex experience.
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Body: 285 x 185 x 5.7mm, 575g; Glass front, Aluminum back and frame; Colors: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic Silver.
- Display: 12.4″ Super AMOLED, 1752x2800px resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio, 266ppi; HDR10+, Always-on display, 120Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm+) – Octa-core CPU (1×3.09GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8GHz Kryo 585), Adreno 650 GPU.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.0; microSDXC slot.
- OS/Software: Android 10, One UI 2.5, Samsung Wireless DeX (desktop experience support)
- Rear camera: Main: 13MP, f/2.0, 26mm, AF, 4K video; Ultrawide: 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, 1080p video; LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama, night mode.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1080p video.
- Battery: 10,090mAh; Fast charging 45W (15W charger in the box).
- Connectivity: Optional 5G support (single nano-SIM), Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB 3.2.
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint (under display, optical), 4x AKG speakers, S Pen Stylus, 9ms latency (Bluetooth integration, accelerometer, gyro).
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (Budget Version Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is a great android tablet and probably still a high ranking member of the tablet market.
In the feature column, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is identical to the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. However, the Tab S7 has a few spec upgrades that may be considered minor for most users. If you are a power user and prefer the best features and specifications available, you might want to get the Tab S7.
The Tab S7 has a 120HZ display, a faster processor allowing for better multitasking and also an improved S Pen experience.
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Body: Dimensions 244.5 x 159.5 x 5.7 mm (9.63 x 6.28 x 0.22 in). Weight 420 g (14.82 oz). Glass front, aluminium back, aluminium frame. Nano-SIM. Stylus support (Bluetooth integration; magnetic)
- Display: Type; Super AMOLED. Size 10.5 inches, 321.9 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio). Resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~287 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm). CPU Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485). GPU Adreno 640
- Memory: Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot). Internal 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, AF. 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Battery: Li-Po 7040 mAh, non-removable. Charging Fast charging 15W
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
3. Samsung Galaxy Book (12-Inch)
If you are a fan of windows, you are likely to like this heavy-duty productivity tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Book (12-Inch) was launched in 2017 and runs on windows v10. The device comes with a stylus and a keyboard cover which aren’t a part of the android tablets Samsung makes.
The price of the Samsung galaxy book may be more than the surface pro but the surface pro doesn’t come with a stylus and a keyboard cover. This tablet is ideal for work because of its strong performance, lasting battery and a nice screen. It houses a 7th Gen Intel Core m3 processor, Dual Core 2.6GHz. Powered by a 4GB RAM; 64GB/128GB. It has expandable storage through a microSD of up to 500GB.
The fantastic mix of windows software and Samsung’s hardware makes it not only perfect for work but also entertainment. As is characteristic of Samsung devices, the screen is a stunning 12-inch Super AMOLED display.
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Book (12-Inch)
- Body: 291.3×199.8×7.4 mm aluminum body; 754g (Wi-Fi and LTE)
- Display: 12-inch Super AMOLED 2160×1440 pixel display; 10-bit HDR support
- Chipset: 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, Dual Core 3.1GHz
- Memory: 4GB/8GB RAM; 128GB/256GB eMMC. MicroSD up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 39W battery; up to 10.5hrs, Fast Charging support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2X2 MIMO; LTE Cat. 6; Bluetooth® 4.1 BLE; GPS + GLONASS; 2x USB 3.1(Type-C);
- Miscellaneous: 2-in-1 form factor with a detachable keyboard; S Pen stylus; both included
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
The Galaxy Tab S4, in Samsung style ticks all the points for screen and display, body design and overall experience. The device is also great for productivity, at least in tablet mode. The device has Samsung’s innovation, Samsung Dex.
Samsung is a great feature Samsung phones and tablets have. The feature allows a PC-Like experience allowing you to run android apps optimised for the PC experience.
The main disadvantage with Dex is that the app ecosystem hasn’t been able to catch up hence most apps still don’t work in Dex Mode. Also, the system tends to freeze when several processing heavy apps are launched and running together.
Besides the problems in Dex mode, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 has a very pleasing experience especially with multimedia as reported in device reviews.
Also, the device will be only good for not very heavy work such as painting. It crashes often under pressure from heavy apps especially when they are running together.
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Body: Dimensions 249.3 x 164.3 x 7.1 mm (9.81 x 6.47 x 0.28 in). Weight 482g (Wi-Fi), 483g (LTE) (1.06 lb)
- Display: Super AMOLED. Size 10.5 inches, 321.9 cm2 (~78.6% screen-to-body ratio). Resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~287 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm). CPU Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo).
- Memory: Card slot microSDXC (dedicated slot). Internal 64GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, AF. LED flash, HDR, panorama. Video 4K@30fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP. Video 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Li-Po 7300 mAh, non-removable. Charging Fast charging 18W
- Connectivity: WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO.
- Miscellaneous: Stylus
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e achieves a nice balance between work and play. The device makes both productivity and multimedia amazing and delightful.
The design, display and other features ensure work is fun and multimedia is mesmerizing. The battery is great as it rocks a huge 7040 mAh which is non-removable. It supports fast charging so you can quickly recharge when doing heavy work.
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- Body: Dimensions 245 x 160 x 5.5 mm (9.65 x 6.30 x 0.22 in). Weight 400 g (14.11 oz). Build Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- Display: Super AMOLED. Size 10.5 inches, 319.7 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio). Resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~288 ppi density)
- Chipset: Chipset Qualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670 (10 nm). CPU Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- Memory: microSDXC (dedicated slot). Internal 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, AF
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Battery: Li-Po 7040 mAh, non-removable. Charging Fast charging 18W
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch
The stunning Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 was released in 2019. The 2019 device is a great choice for people who like the Galaxy Tab S5e but have a lesser budget.
In return for the lower price, you lose much of the graphics capabilities, a drop is screen quality and less advanced speaker drivers. That said, if your work isn’t centred on these specifications, this device will be great for you.
Considering the price and the value in return, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is a great option worth considering. It offers a good mix of work and entertainment (which Samsung always gets right).
Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch
- Body: Dimensions 245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm (9.65 x 5.88 x 0.30 in). Weight 469 g (1.03 lb). Build Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- Display: Type TFT. Size 10.1 inches, 295.8 cm2 (~80.7% screen-to-body ratio). Resolution 1200 x 1920 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~224 ppi density).
- Chipset: OS Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, One UI 2.0. Chipset Exynos 7904 (14 nm). CPU Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53).
- Memory: microSDXC (dedicated slot). Internal 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 3GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Single 8 MP, f/2.0, AF. Features Panorama. Video 1080p@30fps.
- Front Camera: 5 MP, f/2.2. Video 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Li-Po 6150 mAh, non-removable
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Miscellaneous: Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, One UI 2.0
There you have it, our top 6 tablets for work (and for entertainment). These Samsung tablets are a great way to take your work along with you anywhere you go be it for vacations, work from home, etc. These devices work best when used alongside some accessories. Thus to get the optimum experience and feel of the devices. It helps to consider the devices comparatively to help you come up with a great tablet solution.