If there is something the coronavirus has taught, it would be the certainty of change and the need to shield our dreams against change that we have no power over. One of the shields everyone needs is the ability to take advantage of opportunities in Ghana and to establish a backup income stream that sustains our main income generating activity. Most Ghanaians fall within the self-employed and employee groups. Regardless of where you fall, you need to take advantage of these legitimate income generating opportunities in Ghana.
These opportunities have been carefully selected and require a good level of skills. However, these skills can absolutely be learned and acquired at your own pace and time. All you need is the drive, commitment, and discipline to stay with the flow and do what is required.
Beyond listing suggestions for you, we will show you how to get started with each one. Brace up, we are about to go full speed.
The Truth About Passive Income Game Most People Don’t Understand
The internet has made it really simple to make a decent income on a part-time basis. You can take that further and make it a full-time project. I used the word simply because it is simple but not really that easy.
Most people do not fathom the sheer amount of work needed to move an online asset from GH¢0 to a comfortable income level.
What we see isn’t always the exact thing. And with every great feat, comes with previous failure, tons of time spent, and a good dose of persistence. Consuming content influencers create such as videos, blog posts, music, etc is enjoyable, but not when necessary when you are the one creating it. It is a different ball game when you are the one in charge of the strategy, execution, and results. With a frame of mind that doesn’t see the process but only results, it can be greatly overwhelming to start anything.
Therefore a full disclosure here would be that it’ll take quite a lot from you. But that doesn’t count. What counts is that you can absolutely do it.
4 Legitimate Income Generating Opportunities In Ghana
These are our picks. However, they aren’t the only opportunities out there. There are a lot of them but these are a few that take less capital to start and you can literally get started now.
Blogging has recently become a thing in Ghana with big names coming up in the industry. I few of them are real proof that full-time income is possible from an online asset such as a blog. They show that blogging is of the genuine Income Generating Opportunities In Ghana.
A blog is simply an inventory of information hosted on a website. This inventory is often based on a particular topic or cluster of topics called a niche. Technology is a niche. News and entertainment are niches. Food and lifestyle are niches. Blogs are updated with fresh content frequently and regularly to build an audience or a fan base.
A blog is a business. You need to come to terms with this fact if you plan on making income from it. Or even simply becoming successful at it. This means from the niche you choose to the content you choose to create, you must have the audience in mind.
Before you get started, you need to choose a niche. Most people go with a topic they’re passionate about. This could be a problem. Not all niches have an audience that can help you generate income and monetize your blog. Hence you would have to conduct a little research to understand which niches hold possibilities and at the time mean something to you. This approach allows you to strike a balance between passion and potential gains in terms of income.
One of the next things you need to do is to come up with a good domain name. However, not just a good name but a strategic domain name that gives you a slight edge in the niche or industry.
How to Get Started With Blogging in Ghana
- Decide on a strategic niche, a good domain, and a great hosting. These three are the foundation blocks for building your blog.
- Choose a blogging platform. The top options are WordPress, Wix, and Blogger. They are all free but have paid options for premium features and monetization. Your aim is to build a business hence getting a self-hosted site is the best option. Do not be tempted to go for free sub-domains from WordPress or any others because they’re free. Getting a custom domain adds credibility and gives you a slight edge over other competitors. WordPress is recommended as it serves a majority of the web and has a wide support network including lots of free plugins and tools for building your business.
- Go Live! Get your website up. Once you have settled on the platform, you need to build your blog or hire someone to build the blog for you. It requires some skill and programming so those are requirements.
- Create. Start writing content. Don’t bother about the quality even though you should do your best. Focus on consistency and regular content.
- Build an audience and relationships with other bloggers offline to help promote your own brand.
- Setup your monetization strategy. The options are many when it comes to making money from your blog. The top ones are Google Adsense, Affiliate marketing, and ad sales.
- Review, analyze, and continually improve.
Teaching is one of the most necessary aspects of society. And we are constantly being taught stuff right from birth.
In our current economy, call it the gig economy or the knowledge economy, teachers are constantly needed. This is because a lot of skills are required in various fields. Having a consistent learning plan is necessary for survival as failure could mean becoming obsolete within a few months or years.
To be able to teach well, you first have to be good at something. It could be anything, music, drawing, videography, writing, etc.
How to Start a Course in Ghana
- Choose an appealing topic. An appealing topic could be a pain point for people in your niche. If you are a salesperson, your course could be centered around Responding to objections and closing deals. But in general, it should appeal to the senses of the audience in various ways.
- Build Your Course Objectives, Learning Outcomes, and a Short Description of the course.
- The next is to pour out your knowledge about the question topic in a document. Write all there is based on the learning level of the course; Beginner, Moderate, or Advanced.
- Create a Structure; Breaking down the knowledge into modules, sections, and topics.
- Research the best platforms where your audience hangs out. Examples are Udemy, Skillshare, Thinkific, and Edx. Another option is to build your own website to host your courses. A little expensive and you may have to put more effort into marketing it to build a viable audience.
- The next is creating your course based on the guidelines from the chosen platform. This will include building the course itself, filming tutorials and videos, creating assignments and other course material.
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy.
- Continually revise and improve the content based on feedback and new standards.
YouTube influencers keep growing by the day and you might even have your favorite influencers coming from YouTube. But what you may not have known is that YouTube is a good place to build a business. This is because there are multiple ways to make money from YouTube, the most popular being the YouTube Partner Program where you get paid based on ads shown on your videos by Google.
Like other businesses, building a business on YouTube requires time, planning, and skills. That doesn’t mean you cannot do it part-time. You can.
How To Start a YouTube Channel According to Google
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or the mobile site.
- Go to your channel list.
- Choose to create a new channel or use an existing Brand Account:
- Create a channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Create a YouTube channel for a Brand Account that you already manage by choosing the Brand Account from the list. If this Brand Account already has a channel, you can’t create a new one. When you select the Brand Account from the list, you’ll be switched over to that channel.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel. Then, click Create. This will create a new Brand Account.
- To add a channel manager, follow the instructions to change channel owners and managers.
Consultanting is a great way to make a living or a part-time income stream by sharing your knowledge, expertise, and experience to people who need it and are willing to pay.
It doesn’t take a lot of capital to start. You can simply start with your immediate relations and build your client base from there.
To be a successful consultant, you must have a strong command of your field in terms of experience, knowledge, and practical experience.
If you have been a business person for some time and learned a great deal, you could start sharing those experiences as a consultant to help upcoming small businesses.
How to Start a Consulting Business in Ghana
- Choose a Niche. This has already been alluded to. By starting from where you have the most experience, you can really help the clients you work with.
- Reach out and offer to solve their problems. Each person and organization has something they would love some help on. Showing you can help is a good way to get the job. Offer free advice and possibly show them how you will approach the problem.
- Have a system for identifying and solving problems
- Build a network with people. Relationships are the currency of consulting.
It is said that opportunities are available to those looking for them and at the same time prepared for them. It doesn’t help much if you only read this piece only to do nothing about it. You need to get started. And if you arent ready, prepare yourself to take advantage of these income-generating opportunities in Ghana.
|Job Vacancies in Accra||Job Vacancies in Kumasi|
|Job Vacancies in Greater Accra||Job Vacancies in Brong-Ahafo|